Hume City Council is redeveloping the athletics track in Eric Boardman Memorial Reserve in partnership with the Victorian Government.
The upgrade will include:
- A new 400m synthetic running track to replace existing grass running track
- Long jump and triple jump pits and runways
- Dual shot-put areas
- Hammer throw cage
- Discus cage
- Dual high jump areas
- Sub-surface drainage and irrigation system to turf infield
- Multiple athlete and spectator shelters
- New chainmesh track fencing
- New club and user group equipment storage shed
- Pathway network connections throughout the site
- LED Sports Lighting (compliant with Australian & International Standards for athletics track lighting and minimisation of obtrusive lighting)
Draft Concept Plans
The athletics track and lighting system have been designed according to set national and international standards, requirements and specifications.
Click the images below to view the basic concept plans of the athletics track and the lighting system. More detailed plans can be downloaded on the right of the page.
Athletics track draft design
Lighting system draft design
How to participate
We sought your general feedback on the concept plans and your thoughts on the possible amenities around the track, such as paths, shelter, and seating options.
This consultation closed on Sunday 27 November 2022. To provide feedback, people could:
|complete the short survey below|
|email the Leisure Team|
|phone the Leisure Team on 9356 6952. We will happily arrange for conversations in languages other than English.|