The Hume City Council takes the privacy of the participants using this site very seriously.
Our collection, use and disclosure of your personal information is regulated by the Victorian Privacy and Data Protection Act 2014. You can find more information about your privacy rights at the Office of the Victorian Information Commissioner.
How will we use and disclose your information?
We use the personal information about you to:
- administer the site and manage your account,
- identify when you sign into your account,
- send you newsletters and project information, but only when you have agreed to us sending you this information, or when the information is necessary to assist with the administration of the site,
- respond to queries that you have contacted us about,
- attribute content that you post on the site to you,
- analyse use of the site to inform ongoing improvements and enhancements,
- inform policy decisions by Hume City Council,
- to facilitate formal submission processes as part of the development of Hume City Council’s strategic planning activities,
- for any other purposes that we indicate to you when we request your personal information.
Content that you post on the site publicly will be able to be viewed by everyone who uses the site. Each post will contain your username, and any publicly available reports from consultations. This may include quotes from participants in forums, surveys and other consultation tools.
While the Hume City Council takes reasonable steps to protect the anonymity and individual confidentiality of respondents, we ask that you help us reduce the risk by not including information in your responses that could possibly identify you, or others.
From time to time, Hume City Council will engage third parties to provide assistance with community and stakeholder engagement, consultations, evaluations and research.
Where third parties are engaged for this purpose, Hume City Council may also disclose personal information to support these activities, and you consent to us disclosing your personal information.
All consultants are required to complete non-data disclosure agreements prior to receiving this information, and agree to the collection, use and disclosure of the raw feedback responses in accordance with this Privacy Collection Statement for using Participate Hume.
The Hume City Council will not disclose your information to any other external parties without your consent, unless required or authorised by law.
Updated August 2023