Consultation has concluded
Keeping Craigieburn Town Centre on the move
As part of Hume City Council’s ongoing commitment to Local Area Traffic Management (LATM), Council is undertaking a study of traffic issues within the Craigieburn Town Centre Area bounded by Craigieburn Road, Aitken Boulevard, Mt Ridley Road, and Mickleham Road.
We are seeking your feedback on traffic issues within the study area that you would like Council to further investigate. The preferred way for you to respond is by using the online interactive mapping tool. Online you can read the comments made by community members and add to the community discussion.
The type of feedback could have been related to:
|Traffic||Pedestrians & Cycling||Parking|
|Speeding issues||Access and connectivity||Parking restrictions|
|Safety issues||Cycling lanes/paths||Parking congestion|
|Congestion issues||Footpaths and shared paths||Safety issues|
Not within the scope of the study
- Mickleham Road and Craigieburn Road are under the authority of Department of Transport (DoT). Any issue regarding these roads will be passed onto DoT for investigation
- Public transport infrastructure and services are under Department of Transport authority.
- New development areas east of Mickleham Road
Local Area Traffic Management study process
- Seek community feedback on traffic issues within the area
- Investigate and develop a draft plan to address the issues (now)
- Share the draft plan with the local community for feedback
Note: Funding of up to $233,000 has been proposed in the 2024/2025 Council budget to commence implementation of actions. Projects that are beyond the scope of this initial funding will be considered for future funding under Council’s Capital Works Program.
How to participate
People could give feedback on traffic, pedestrian, cycling and parking issues by Monday 12 September:
|drop a pin on an online map|
|Email: the Traffic Team|
|Phone: Traffic Team 9356 6786|
|Post: Hume City Council, PO Box 119, Dallas Vic 3047|